Monday, March 2, 2015

Back to the Bible, briefly

I've been reading the bible, but I've also been making real legitimate efforts to understand what I'm reading, how it all came to be. So I thought real quick I'd make a post about the different sources I've found online.

http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-145

Dr Christine Hayes teaches this Intro to the Hebrew Bible course, and you can audit it for free. From anywhere that you have an internet connection. She does a pretty solid job explaining the various sources, and provides clarification on translations when she thinks that it's necessary.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/hebrew-scriptures-in-judaism/id512201207?ign-mpt=uo%3D8

Another free class. You can sit down and listen at your leisure. This time it's from Harvard instead of Yale.

You can actually find a HUGE list of classes on the topic of religion on iTunes. I haven't listened to any other than this one, but the topics seem fascinating.

And I have to give a shout-out to www.reddit.com/r/askhistorians and www.reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical


And in case you are wondering, I'm reading the "Fully Revised Fourth Edition New Oxford Annotated Bible New Revised Standard Version With the Apocrypha College Edition, An Ecumenical Study Bible"

No comments:

Post a Comment