Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Water Town

My roommate woke me up this morning and said she was off to visit a little village place, did I want to come with and etc. and so I have more pictures for you. I hope you enjoy them.

This first batch comes from the water town village. There were a bunch of little shops and a bunch of homes tucked away behind them or on the second floor of some of these places.



Don't know what the deal is here, exactly. If the birds were tethered to their perches, or if they were trained, or if they just like getting rides like this.



Got turned around in the water town and ended up in what looks to be a shared backyard.

Here's some pictures of what were advertised as "yachts" Though not yachts, they are still really cool. One had yellow mop buckets in it, and the guy captaining it was wearing a neon yellow vest. So they have a special boat just for keeping the water clean of litter and etc.



Not really so important. But my roommate and I had a giggle. She suggested "Mannequin Massacre" as a band name. I would suspect it's an 8/10 band name, but I'll have to check it against the MFBNS (Matt Foudray Band Name Scale, obviously)



What follows are pictures of fireworks shot off outside of my apartment. The bits of colored fire were actually hitting against people's windows. Pics taken at about 11 PM China time (it's all one single time zone, by the way)



And here's the cover of a notebook I bought today. I really like it.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Water Town. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why my last comment didn't post, but the birds are a way for fishing. They are tied around the feets, or maybe the beaks, and they go into the way and retrieve fish. The man in the boat takes the fishes from its mouth. Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. I think the rope is around its neck so it can't swallow a fish

    ReplyDelete